Sharing Permanent with friends, family, colleagues, and community members is a wonderful gift. Your loved one can get started preserving their stories and their legacy with their gift. You can gift storage to an existing Permanent member. You can also invite someone to join Permanent and include a gift of storage in their invitation. Get started with gifting storage by following the instructions below.
To gift storage, navigate to your account menu by clicking your email in the top right corner of your screen. Then, click Storage to open the storage menu.
On the left side of the screen that opens, click Gift Storage. This will take you to where you can gift storage to other people.
To give storage to someone, type in their email address in the Recipient Email field. To gift storage to more than one person, you can add additional email addresses by separating each email address with a comma.
Next, type in the amount of storage you would like to gift. Each person you have entered in the Recipient Email field will receive the amount you have entered in the Storage Gift Amount field. This number must be a whole number. The sum of the gifted storage must be less than the current amount of storage you have available.
Finally, you can enter a message to your recipient(s). This will be included in the email they receive notifying them about your gift. If you have chosen to send a gift to multiple recipients, they will all receive this message.
To send your gift of storage, click Send Gift Storage. This will send an email to all recipients letting them know about their gift. If the recipient does not have a Permanent.org account, they will be invited to create one so they can claim their gift. If the recipient does have a Permanent.org account, their storage will automatically be added to their storage total.
Thank you for your interest in sharing Permanent with your loved ones. We appreciate your support of our mission!
Want something physical to give this holiday season? We’ve got you covered. This year, we’ve designed festive gift cards that you can print out and present to your friends and family. To download and print them, follow these instructions:
- To view the cards, scroll down to the "Attachments" section of this article and click on the title to decide which one you want to gift.
- Next to the card you wish to download, click the download icon (it looks like an arrow pointing down).
- Depending on your browser, this will either download to your Downloads folder on your computer, or you will see a new window where you can choose the download location for the file.
- Once you've downloaded the file, open it by finding the location it is saved on your computer and double clicking. The file should open in a PDF reader.
- Click File > Print. This will open a window with settings for printing. Ensure that "Fit" is selected under Page Sizing & Handling. Ensure that the card fits within the margins of your paper in the preview screen. When you're ready, click Print.
- It's best to print on sturdy paper like cardstock, but regular paper will work, too.